Monday, March 12, 2012

Can't the dog just stay still

Yesterday, my daughter and I, went on an adventure! Here is the story:

We brushed the teeth of our 3 inside dog's. (for the first time- ever). Two of them have terrible breath- Always!! So, we got those two first! You would have thought they were having seizure's, the way they moved around.

They were basically having "terrible two's" fit's! There was leg kicking, head butting, shake your booty, arm throwing, mouth closing, dance around, & movement's beyond my knowledge of wording.

WOW!! Amazingly, my daughter and I just kept doing all we could to brush their teeth. And at last, we can say that we finally got at least some of their teeth brushed.

Persistence! That is what it takes on (pretty much) everything. From brushing teeth to getting through to your teen's or toddler's.

So, if you are trying to train your child (or dog!) or maybe a teen, just keep at it. In time you will find that your persistence in the matter paid off!

My daughter, who is now 13, knows this. I'm sure your 4 year old knows this. You know how they keep asking the same question? (over and over and over)... Well, they know eventually they will get an answer. And most likely, you will give in to their want's. Why? Maybe it's because you are weary of them asking about something over and over again.

My thinking is this- you the parent, should do as they do; be persistent and don't give up.
Hopefully, after us being persistent in brushing our dog's teeth, it will pay off! They, hopefully, will learn it's just part of life now; It's part of the routine. I will be sure to let you know after trying a few weeks. ;) God Bless your day! -Kristie

1 comment: